Sunday, February 19, 2012

...wow

So it's been one heck of a weekend. Little Man has been both a joy and a trial all weekend. His fussy times came earlier and lasted much longer, though tonight was actually better. I thought that my relationship with Wife was doing pretty good all weekend, and she dropped a bit of a bombshell on me tonight. Apparently I did not thank her for some things she did for me the last few days, though I thought I had. Can't argue, I don't actually remember telling her thank you or showing her that I appreciated it, so I probably didn't.

Tonight I held on to Little Man and played with and cared for him so she could try something new - she cooked all of this week's dinners tonight because she doesn't really have time during the week. Makes perfect sense, and I tend to get in her way in the kitchen when she is cooking so I wanted to stay out of the way. I did try to put on a Moby wrap to carry Little Man around so I could try to get a few things done, like laundry and some homework, but I apparently did something wrong the first time. He screamed, and so I pulled him back out and didn't try again for a few hours because I was afraid of hurting the little dude.

He and Wife mean so much to me, and I don't do nearly enough to show it to her. I have been trying, but she pointed out tonight that out of five examples of nice things done for her, three were for sure her idea and one of them could go either way because she has talked about it for quite a while. Again, not something I can really argue with, but I get confused. How am I supposed to know what nice thing she would appreciate most if she doesn't tell me? And I don't mean by hinting around at it, but actually coming out and saying 'I really like this and would like to have it.' I have repeatedly missed subtle signals about something from her, and I have tried expressing that. Maybe she is hoping I will one day pick up on them, and hopefully I do. I've been trying, but I haven't been doing so hot.

Finally got Little Man to lay down and go to sleep a bit ago. Managed to get Wife to lay down, hopefully she will let me massage her with lotion now that I have the dishes mostly caught up and some laundry done. We'll see I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment